The following is a change history for the ServeToMe server since version 2.0 and selected
previous versions for download.
Changes since version 3.0:
ServeToMe v3.7.3 Mac
ServeToMe v3.7.3 Windows
ServeToMe v3.7.1 Mac
ServeToMe v3.7.1 Windows
- (3.7.3) Updated server addresses for verification of ServeToMe's "External Address".
ServeToMe v3.6.6 Mac
ServeToMe v3.6.6 Windows
- (3.7.1) Windows path fixes.
- (3.7) Support for iPad 3 retina displays.
- (3.7) Support for 1080p H.264 video passthrough.
- (3.6.7) Rewritten Windows server now runs as a Windows Service.
- (3.6.7) Improved performance on 3G connections at bitrates around 360kbps.
- (3.6.7) Fixed a bug which increased latency in some cases, causing performance problems.
ServeToMe v3.6.1 Mac
ServeToMe v3.6.1 Windows
- (3.6.6) Fixed user interface problems on Windows that could prevent changes taking effect until next restart.
- (3.6.5) Fixed a problem where music playback could fail on iOS 5 in some situations.
- (3.6.5) Fixed a crash bug on Mac OS X 10.5.
- (3.6.5) Fixed a situation where editing the password on Mac OS X 10.7 could fail.
- (3.6.4) Fixed a problem that could cause files on iOS 4.3 to stop at the 1 hour 11 minute mark.
- (3.6.4) Fixed a deadlock problem on Windows that could cause ServeToMe to lock up
- (3.6.3) Fixed a problem viewing photos with percent symbols in the filename
- (3.6.3) Fixed playback when right-to-left subtitle handling is selected
- (3.6.3) Fixed handling of user-specified subtitle encodings
ServeToMe v3.5.3 Mac
ServeToMe v3.5.3 Windows
- (3.6.1) Fixed playback of some kinds of AVI files.
- (3.6.1) Fixes a situation where UPnP routers could not be found on Windows.
- (3.6) Added French, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese user-interface translations.
- (3.6) "Verify" option to test the network connection from ServeToMe.
ServeToMe v3.4.4 Mac
ServeToMe v3.4.4 Windows
- (3.5.1) Fix for an AppleTV/AirPlay authentication issue
- (3.5) Preliminary support for WTV files
- (3.5) Improved seeking and background support for OGG files
- (3.5) Better handing of non-standard Windows Fonts directories
- (3.5) Fix for a crash bug when loading large or slow folders
ServeToMe v3.3.5 Mac
ServeToMe v3.3.5 Windows
- (3.4.3) Improved handling on slower computers.
- (3.4.3) Added support for keeping more kinds of non-transcoded (original) tracks.
- (3.4.3 - Windows only) Fixed a "Playback Error" when trying to play certain audio types without embedded artwork.
- (3.4.2 - Windows only) Fixed some filename issues in the Windows version
- (3.4) Added support for subtitle filenames with language suffixes in the name. e.g. MyMovieFile.en.srt
- (3.4) Added support for MiniDVD SUB subtitle file format.
- (3.4) Added support for server-wide searching. Requires update to StreamToMe 3.4.
- (3.4) Improved "Server status" to show UPnP/NAT-PMP status and also show the correct external IP address when using UPnP or NAT-PMP.
- (3.4) Fixes two bugs that could cause the server to become unresponsive.
- (3.4 - Windows only) Fixed bug where UPnP could fail on computers with more than one networking interface.
- (3.4 - Mac only) Adds support for iPhoto library sharing. Requires update to StreamToMe 3.4.
ServeToMe v3.2.2 Mac
ServeToMe v3.2.2 Windows
- (3.3.3) Removed "name" field from metadata search to address issues where files would appear with names like "Stereo" or "Surround".
- (3.3.2) Fixed a bug where the thumbnail sent to retina displays on StreamToMe 3.2 was too big for the bounds.
- (3.3.2) Fixed a bug where the music setting "Disable album artwork" was accidentally disabling the video on video files.
- (3.3.1) Fixed an issue that could cause 3G connections to run slowly or stall.
- (3.3.1) Fixed an issue that could cause some MP3 audio tracks to sound choppy or erratic.
- (3.3) Adds support for features coming in the StreamToMe 3.3 client application.
ServeToMe v3.1.3 Mac
ServeToMe v3.1.3 Windows
- (3.2.2) Fixed an issue that could cause a 501 error for protected content on Windows. Minor subtitles and audio fixes.
- (3.2.1) Fixes for some 3G streaming issues and playback problems with specific audio types.
- (22.214.171.124) Fixed a problem in the 3.2 build where some music would incorrectly report "This movie cannot be played."
- (3.2) Browse modes for iTunes media collections
- (3.2) Support for search (requires StreamToMe 3.2)
- (3.2) Support for iTunes collection sorting (requires StreamToMe 3.2)
ServeToMe v3.0.4 Mac
ServeToMe v3.0.4 Windows
- (3.1.3 - Windows Only) Lower memory usage when sharing large iTunes libraries
- (3.1.3 - Windows Only) Running copy will come to the front if icon is double-clicked again.
- (3.1.2) Option to specify different location for iTunes Library XML file
- (3.1.2) iTunes library parsing bug fixes for Windows
- (3.1.1) Bug fixes for all platforms
- (3.1.1) Video resolution control
- (3.1) iTunes Playlist integration (requires StreamToMe 3.1)
- (3.1) 3G video quality improvements
- (3.0.4) Fixed a password timeout issue that could cause streams to be terminated after 60 seconds.
- (3.0.3) Fixed a crash bug on Mac OS X 10.5.8. Stability improvements for all platforms.
- (3.0.2) Fixed a potential deadlock causing playback issues for some users.
- (3.0.1) Fixed a bug in the 3.0 build that caused StreamToMe to hang on the
"Loading stream from server" message.
- (3.0) Added support for StreamToMe 3.0 features including iPhone4 720p video support
and background audio.
Changes since version 2.0:
ServeToMe v2.1.3 Windows
ServeToMe v2.1.1 Mac
- (2.1.3 — Windows-only) Additional fixes for East Asian languages on Windows.
- (2.1.2 — Windows-only) First official full-release of Windows version. Changes since Windows beta: fixed non-latin character sets, thumbnail loading, memory leaks and processes not terminating.
- (2.1) Support for StreamToMe 2.1 features including manual bitrate selection, right-to-left text and non-UTF-8 subtitles (2.1 is pending approval on the App Store).
- (2.1) Significantly reduced CPU and bandwith burden of iPad transcoding.
- (2.1) Fixed timing of SRT and MOV Text subtitles.
- (2.1) Added support for BMP thumbnails for music files.
- (2.1) Alias redirections limited to 10 to stop infinite loops.
- (2.0.4 beta 3 for Windows) Speed improvements. Support for UNC paths. Fixed numerous warning messages.
- (2.0.4 beta 2 for Windows) Prevented ffmpeg-servetome crash messages.
- (2.0.4) Added a new stream quality for iPad
- (2.0.3) Fixed playback of MJPEG videos (common home video format).
- (2.0.2) Fixed a subtitle scaling issue where subtitles could be too large.
- (2.0.2) Fixed an audio sync issue with some files.
- (2.0.1) Fixed a fontconfig issue that could prevent music files from playing.
- (2.0.1) Fixed a potential crash bug (library not found on some systems).